Thursday, July 26, 2012

YA Book Review~Ruby Blue~

Recently I had the privilage of reading a YA book called Ruby Blue and I have to say it was wonderful! Normally the fantasy books I read are set in a different time period but this one was set in mondern times and I have to say I really liked that twist. ALSO the book was written as though Ruby is telling you the story and that was really neat!
Ruby Blue is just an ordinary 17 year old. She has just started summer break, she lives at home with her parents and her annoying younger brother (I can relate to that!) and she is working in town trying to save up for a car. She has a crush (Nick) and some great friends and has plans to spend the summer with them. OH I forgot to mention Ruby can see fairies! She discovered this when she was 5 and until this summer it has been a great thing, but that is about to change. Strange things start to happen in her little town and Ruby is caught in the middle of it. She starts to see something else, something that she hasn't seen before and it may be the cause of the weird stuff going in. Ruby has to decide if she wants to risk her well being and sanity to help her fairy friends and all the while she is discovering more about herself. I truly recommened this book for any age! It is great to read about Ruby and her magical life and how she handles situations and her friends.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for reading my book! I am so happy you enjoyed it! I hope other readers find it just as fun! I tried to write the kind of book that I like to read... so I'm glad you enjoyed the style.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like a interesting read.

    ReplyDelete